This web-based course presents an overview of the APEX3000, including its features, functions, basic configuration and key tasks.
It also presents Element Manager (EM) settings, critical for effective monitoring of the APEX3000.
This course has been developed for external customer headend personnel and support personnel, including field engineers.
Upon completion of this course you'll be able to:
- Recall key features and functions
- List components of the front and back panels
- Identify initial configuration using the embedded console (Console Port)
- Identify basic configuration procedures using the Element Manager (EM) to:
- Configure GigE Input Interfaces
- Configure QAM Channels
- Configure DEPI Sessions
- Initiate Software Live Updates
- Initiate Service Mappings
- Verify Output Status of Service Mappings, Data Counts, and Rates
- Describe the QAM-DOCSIS licensing & upgrade process
- Classify requirements to initiate configuration of Switched Digital Video (SDV) and Video On Demand (VOD) using the EM
- Interpret the severity of alarms on the APEX Alarms window
- Discuss potential solution(s) for selected alarms on the APEX Alarms window
May 2020 Special - $250