Understanding DOCSIS 3.1 is a self-study training course consisting of four eLearning modules designed to provide knowledge and comprehension of DOCSIS 3.1 terminology, features, and functionality. This course is based exclusively on the DOCSIS 3.1 PHY specification, DOCSIS 3.1 MULPI specification, and DOCSIS 3.1 OSSI specification.
This course is recommended to those seeking to increase their knowledge and comprehension of DOCSIS technology, in particular DOCSIS 3.1 and how it compares and contrasts to DOCSIS 3.0.
Those enrolling in this course will also be enrolled in the Understanding DOCSIS 3.1 Knowledge Assessment Exam. This optional exam is provided so that anyone, after completing the Understanding DOCSIS 3.1 course, can test their knowledge of the topics included in the course. This exam is provided at no additional charge.
This course is intended for anyone with an interest in DOCSIS 3.1 and a working knowledge of DOCSIS 3.0. Regardless of CMTS brand technical support staff and headend personnel will find the course useful.
- Components of the DOCSIS 3.1 network
- A comparison of the DOCSIS 3.0 and DOCSIS 3.1 topology
- DOCSIS 3.1 modem initialization
- Downstream and upstream profiles
- Migrating from DOCSIS 3.0 to DOCSIS 3.1
- Details about the PHY and MAC layers of DOCSIS 3.1
- Proactive Network Management
- Hierarchical Quality of Service
- Modem energy management
- Delivery: Online eLearning, self-study
- Price: $700 per learner
- Duration: Approximately 6 hours total
- Related Courses: TEC 301 DOCSIS 3.0 Essentials (ARRIS PN 596365-001-00)