This online course presents types of capacity and bandwidth issues experienced in the CATV network. The course examines tools available in the E6000 CER that can be used to identify issues such as highly utilized cable modems or modems exceeding the allowed bandwidth. This course is based exclusively on DOCSIS issues.
The course includes a study guide available to download and print for taking notes.
Please note: This course is part of an E6000 CER Advanced Troubleshooting Suite. This robust program equips operators and technicians to address the real world challenges that come with operating the E6000 CER in today's network. The suite consists of four required web-based courses that must be completed before attending the capstone instructor-led course that has intensive hands-on troubleshooting labs reinforcing the content presented in the web-based courses.
The complete E6000 CER Advanced Troubleshooting Suite consists of:
- E6D301: E6000 CER Cable Modem Registration (online, self-paced)
- E6D302: E6000 CER Theft of Service Prevention (online, self-paced)
- E6D303: E6000 CER RF Impairments (online, self-paced)
- E6D304: E6000 CER Capacity and Bandwidth (online, self-paced)
- E6D305: Advanced Troubleshooting Capstone (instructor-led lab)
(Note: Separate registration and payment is required for each course.)
- Capacity and Bandwidth Overview
- Identify Bandwidth Related Issues
- Load Balancing
- Modem Steering
- Quality of Service
Understanding of DOCSIS and prior E6000 CER Operations instructor-led course
Approximately 90-120 minutes