This hands-on, instructor-led lab course is presented either virtually or in person. This course covers the cable modem registration process. It looks at what the requirements are and what problems can occur during each stage.Troubleshooting flow and mitigation procedures are discussed.
When finished with this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the cable modem registration process
- List registration requirements
- Explain what problems can occur in the registration process
- Locate problems through E6000 CER command
- Use trace logging options to analyze problems
Lesson 1 Registration Overview
- DHCP IPv4
- DHCP IPv6
- ToD / TFTP
- Registration request
Lesson 2 - Registration Issues
- Identify registration issues
- Stuck in Offline / Ranging
- Stuck at Ranged
- Can’t complete DHCP
- Can’t complete TFTP
- Check DHCP / TFTP server
- Registration Denied
- Flap list
- No IP address for CPE
- CPE DHCP template example
- Lab Exercises
The Advanced Troubleshooting Suite for DOCSIS 3.1 offers five course pairs. Each pair contains an online course and an instructor-led session. The instructor-led sessions are half-day hands-on troubleshooting in our training labs, dealing with solving real-world scenarios.
The complete E6000 Advanced Troubleshooting Suite consists of:
- E6D300E: Advanced Troubleshooting Essentials eLearning
- E6D300L: Advanced Troubleshooting Essentials Instructor-led
- E6D301E: E6000 CER Cable Modem Registration eLearning (DOCSIS 3.1)
- E6D301L: E6000 CER Cable Modem Registration Instructor-led (DOCSIS 3.1)
- E6D302E: E6000 CER Theft of Service Prevention eLearning (DOCSIS 3.1)
- E6D302L: E6000 CER Theft of Service Prevention Instructor-led (DOCSIS 3.1)
- E6D303E: E6000 CER RF Impairments eLearning (DOCSIS 3.1)
- E6D303L: E6000 CER RF Impairments Instructor-led (DOCSIS 3.1)
- E6D304E: E6000 CER Capacity and Bandwidth Troubleshooting eLearning (DOCSIS 3.1)
- E6D304L: E6000 CER Capacity and Bandwidth Troubleshooting Instructor-Led (DOCSIS 3.1)
(Note: Separate registration is required for each course.)
There are two different learning paths available to you: both eLearning and Lab or just eLearning.
Both eLearning and Lab
- After attending the Advanced Troubleshooting Essentials courses, both the eLearning (E6D300E) and Lab (E6D300L), you can then take any (or all) of the other courses.
- You must take the eLearning course before taking its accompanying lab.
Just eLearning courses
- Once you have taken the Advanced Troubleshooting Essentials eLearning you can then take any (or all) of the other eLearning courses.
- (Note: Separate registration is required for each course.)
Please note that
prerequisite courses that are part of the Advanced Troubleshooting Suite must
be completed before registration. For this course, you must complete the
- E6D300E and E6D300L completion (required)
- E6D301E Cable Modem Registration elearning completion (required)
We strongly recommend you complete these additional prerequisite courses that provide foundation information you need before attending an advanced course:
- E6D201: E6000 CER Operations or E6D231: E6000 CER I-CCAP DOCSIS 3.1 Basics, Implementation, and Configuration
- TEC202 DOCSIS Basics (or equivalent experience)
Duration: Half day
Part number: TRN-E6D301L-001
For pricing, please contact email@example.com
Register for an available session in ARRIS Academy.
Don’t see a session, email firstname.lastname@example.org.