This module covers troubleshooting the physical RF network.It reviews where problems can occur and the types of noise that typically cause those problems.Common indicators of problems are discussed along with the E6000 CER commands and other tools for diagnosing and mitigating the problems.
When finished with this course, you will be able to:
- describe the types of noise common in the RF network
- describe the common indicators used to locate problems in the RF network
- use E6000 CER CLI show commands to diagnose problems in the RF network
- use logging commands and spectrum analyzers to identify modem problems
The Advanced Troubleshooting Suite for DOCSIS 3.1 offers five course pairs. Each pair contains an online course and an instructor-led session. The instructor-led sessions are half-day hands-on troubleshooting in our training labs, dealing with solving real-world scenarios.
The complete E6000 Advanced Troubleshooting Suite consists of:
- E6D300E: Advanced Troubleshooting Essentials eLearning
- E6D300L: Advanced Troubleshooting Essentials Instructor-led
- E6D301E: E6000 CER Cable Modem Registration eLearning (DOCSIS 3.1)
- E6D301L: E6000 CER Cable Modem Registration Instructor-led (DOCSIS 3.1)
- E6D302E: E6000 CER Theft of Service Prevention eLearning (DOCSIS 3.1)
- E6D302L: E6000 CER Theft of Service Prevention Instructor-led (DOCSIS 3.1)
- E6D303E: E6000 CER RF Impairments eLearning (DOCSIS 3.1)
- E6D303L: E6000 CER RF Impairments Instructor-led (DOCSIS 3.1)
- E6D304E: E6000 CER Capacity and Bandwidth Troubleshooting eLearning (DOCSIS 3.1)
- E6D304L: E6000 CER Capacity and Bandwidth Troubleshooting Instructor-Led (DOCSIS 3.1)
(Note: Separate registration is required for each course.)
There are two different learning paths available to you: both eLearning and Lab or just eLearning.
Both eLearning and Lab
- After attending the Advanced Troubleshooting Essentials courses, both the eLearning (E6D300E) and Lab (E6D300L), you can then take any (or all) of the other courses.
- You must take the eLearning course before taking its accompanying lab.
Just eLearning courses
- Once you have taken the Advanced Troubleshooting Essentials eLearning you can then take any (or all) of the other eLearning courses.
- (Note: Separate registration is required for each course.)
Please note that
prerequisite courses that are part of the Advanced Troubleshooting Suite must
be completed before registering for this course. For this course, you must complete the
- E6D300E and E6D300L completion (required)
- E6D303E: RF Impairments eLearning completion (required)
We strongly recommend
you complete these additional prerequisite courses that provide foundation
information you need before attending an advanced course:
- E6D201: E6000 CER Operations or E6D231: E6000 CER I-CCAP DOCSIS 3.1 Basics, Implementation, and Configuration
- TEC202 DOCSIS Basics (or equivalent experience)
Duration: Half day
Part number: TRN-E6D303L-001
For pricing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Register for an available session in ARRIS Academy.
Don’t see a session, email email@example.com.