Fundamentals is an instructor led course introducing the participant to HFC
Broadband Architecture. The
course will provide a working understanding of the critical components
of HFC including Headend/Hub, Optical Transport and Coaxial
be anyone seeking to learn
how the HFC networks distribute signals across the service
is designed for those new to the industry or those whose experience has been
restricted to other
areas of interest.
the signals carried in today’s networks, signal measurement and evaluating
Signal transport through the optical network and coaxial network will be covered
course is for anyone wishing to learn about HFC.
It would be particularly useful to technical support staff and other
unfamiliar with HFC operation and maintenance.
By the end of the course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the
different signal formats transported in HFC networks.
- Understand signal quality descriptors and factors that impact signal
- Understand fundamental upstream and downstream signal flow through both
optical and coaxial portions of the network.
- Understand common faults in the network, their causes and resolutions
- Module 1: HFC Overview
- Module 2: HFC Signals
- Module 3: Optical Transmitter Fundamentals
- Module 4: Downstream Optical Transport
- Module 5: Coaxial Transport Fundamentals
- Module 6: Downstream Amplification
- Module 7: Customer Service (drop) system
- Module 8: Upstream Coaxial Transport
- Module 9: Upstream Optical Transport
- Module 10: RFoG
Duration: 1 day
Price: $825 per student
Part Number: TRN-HFC101-001
Sessions for this instructor-led course are created upon request.
To schedule a session, please send the following information to email@example.com:
- Course number
- Date or dates requested
- Number of students
We’ll respond to you promptly with a quote!